This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect & when we collect the data;
- How we use the data we collect;
- For how long we retain the data
- How we protect the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose the data to;
- How we deal with data protection rights;
- How we comply with the data protection rules;
- Mailing Lists
What personal data we collect & where we obtain the data from
RezG Hub collects personally identifiable information when you register for an account, book travel, or purchase products or services either directly (online services, contact us) or indirectly through our third-party partners, or when you register as a supplier of products or services to RezG Hub.
Personal identifiable information includes; your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment details, date of birth, the communications you exchange with us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, social media and information about your access, location-based features via your mobile devices and or computer.
In some instances, we may be required by governments or travel suppliers to request sensitive information, such as government issued identification numbers, religion, and health issues. We take particular caution with this information and limit our requests of such information to only when required. For example, we may require health related information in order to provide appropriate travel accommodation and accessibility requirements. Some activities or hotels may require government issued identification numbers, such as passport or driver’s license numbers to make reservations.
Please note that when you make a reservation for a travel companion, we will request personal information about that individual as well. You are responsible for obtaining the consent of your travel companion(s) before providing us with their personal information. Travel companion(s) may only view and amend their information via your account. Should a travel companion wish to change or delete their information, they may contact us as indicated below.
RezG Hub also collects information from your browser including browser type, browser version, browser settings, operating system, pages visited, your IP Address, and Cookies. RezG Hub uses this information for general purposes such as allowing you to add products and services to your shopping cart, tailoring the content within the site to match your interests, and ensuring that the site continues to operate properly with commonly used operating systems and browsers. Your IP Address will be stored and used for security purposes to prevent fraud and other illegal activity.
Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from submitting personal information to RezG Hub and we do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. Federal Law prohibits websites from collecting and/or distributing personal information from children without parental consent. At this time, RezG Hub has no effective means to obtain and track parental consent. Therefore, RezG Hub prohibits the submission of personal information from children under the age of 13.
How we use the data we collect
We may use the data we collect from you when you register as a buyer or supplier, create an account, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To complete travel bookings or provide the products and services you requested, or we believe are of interest to you prior to, during and after your travel. This includes sharing your information with other parties to complete your bookings.
- We may use third party vendors that provide services for us.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests, such as providing you information about your booking, such as travel confirmations or changes.
- To have emergency contact information for you.
- For Payment verification: we use your payment information for accounting and billing purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To send periodic marketing emails, SMS, phone and or post regarding your travel booking or other products and services. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such marketing communications via all our sales channels.
- We may also need to process your personal data to comply with legal obligations.
For how long we retain the data
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
How we protect the data
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
- All payment details are transmitted over SSL across the network infrastructure and all transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business – suppliers, call centers, hosting companies, digital marketing service providers assisting our marketing team.
- Suppliers, Wholesalers and Operators of Activities and Tours, who may contact you if needed to acquire additional information to facilitate your travel reservation.
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators when we believe necessary only for (a) a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your interests or those of another person.
- Social media: You may be able to access third-party social media services through our website or we may obtain the personal information you choose to share with us through these social media services pursuant to their privacy settings in order to improve and personalize your use of our website.
- Aggregated or anonymous information with third parties, such as investors, suppliers, vendors, and advertisers. As an example, we may disclose our monthly visitor statistics when meeting with these third parties.
How we deal with your data protection rights;
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee compliance with this policy. For any clarifications or complaints, you can reach the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we comply with Data Protection rules
The GDPR, CAN SPAM Act and other data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal information. How to exercise them are set out below.
- Optout/Unsubscribe. You can request to be removed from our marketing mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com
- Request for the erasure of your personal information (right to be forgotten). You may ask us to delete or remove personal data, where we have no legal basis to continue to process it. You can request the erasure by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request information. If you wish to view the personal data we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Withdraw consent.In the circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. In relation to marketing communications, this can be done as set out above under opt-out/unsubscribe
- The mailing list is a list that may be used by RezG Hub to market our products and services (tours and activities). This mailing list may be used to inform you of upcoming events and/or special promotions, respond to queries and or requests.
- Organizations using RezG Hub reservation system to sell tours and activities are prohibited from sending marketing or other solicitations to those customers that have chosen not to be included on the mailing list.
- Regardless of whether you’ve opted out of the mailing list, RezG Hub and/or the organizations using RezG Hub may contact you regarding important information related to a product or service you’ve already purchased. This may include important information such as an event cancellation, postponement, or relocation. It may also include a question or problem related to your order or payment.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Third-party links & Cookies
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer. Cookies cannot damage your computer. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to identify you. Unless you’ve chosen to submit personal information to RezG Hub though registration or the purchase of products and/or services, RezG Hub cannot identify you. Cookies are used by RezG Hub to allow the smooth operation of the Site and to track your activity so that we may tailor the content of the Site to match your interests.
- Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Optout page or by using the Google Analytics Optout Browser add on.
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.